Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Time is Now.

What are you waiting for?
I've always felt convicted by that question. What AM I waiting for?
It's not like pigs are going to start flying, or the sky is going to start raining gum balls.
I mean if all that happened it would be pretty rad, but the reality of the fact is
it probably won't happen. Act on your feelings, emotions, thoughts. Don't over-think anything.
Recently death has been all around me not in the sense of like ants dying, or food,
but more real than that.  My younger brother (Chris West) had to experience the harsh
reality of a close friend dying. A friend who he had just spoken to on Friday, and then
Sunday rolls around and she's no longer living. How do you react to something like that?

He's given me so much to be proud of, not only has he handled this maturely, but he's talked
about it, expressed his hurt and pain. Why do we find the need to bottle up our emotions? It's a
part of who we are. So let's cry it out folks. I'll bring the tissues, you bring the tears.
Took a few pictures of my bro over reading week - Finally got around to uploading them - he's
such a rockstar.




Life happens right before our eyes. You blink and you miss everything. You keep your eyes wide open and your bound to over look. But if you live in the moment, it's going to be stellar. So, I refer to my starting question. What are you waiting for? This isn't the time for excuses or a "life changing experience". Live the life that God has blessed you with. Because I can firmly say from experience once you start living through love, things are going to start falling into place.

"On God rests my salvation and glory; my mighty rock, my refuge, is God" - Psalm 62:7

Do something. Not on your own, but through God who is stronger.
Love Everyday.

3 comments:

Hanna Thompson said...

whoa, slow down there stephanie fay.
;)
awesome pictures sarah, they look awesome. hope Chris is doing ok.

love.everyday said...

Aw shucks!
Thanks!

Catherine West said...

You are an inspiration. And you take great photographs! Death is only bad for those left behind, but with God's grace we find the peace to accept the things we cannot understand.