Monday, March 29, 2010

Lukewarm.

My name is Sarah West and I tend to read about 4 books at once.

(It's a problem I know, I'm working on it! I'm working on it!)

I'm always forgetting about one of them, and then returning to it months later - refusing to start at the beginning and so start where I left off, completely confused.  I've always done this. Perhaps, I'm just curious about all the world has to offer, so I want to read it all at once. Maybe, if I'm honest, I'm just too indecisive and can never choose just ONE so I pick 4.. Whatever it is, it tends to work...
one way or another. 

Currently, I'm reading: Crazy Love (ah-ma-zing!)
I've actually had it for a while, and started reading it months back, but yes, you guessed it... forgot about it. Well here I am again, and going through it these past few days was exactly what I needed.
The whole chapter was about "Lukewarm People".
Immediately I thought... "Crap - am I lukewarm? What am I doing wrong? I don't want to be Lukewarm... Dangit... I don't even like lukewarm coffee.." You're probably laughing as you read that, but it's true. Why would anybody choose to be Lukewarm - especially for a God who deserves so 
much more! How often do we try to give as little as possible to receive the best outcome... I'd say if we're honest - 9 times out of 10. Most of the time, that's true for me... and I hate to admit it. Maybe I'm being too negative, but I'm making a point, so roll with me on this one. 

"Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is fit neither for the soil nor
 for the manure pile; it is thrown out." - Luke 14:34-35

Okay - if that doesn't hit home for you, then I don't know what does. So what are you waiting for?
Give God all of your heart, all of your life. Not just because you feel obligated, but because you desire nothing more in this world. This entire book has just been eye-opening - God's love is crazy, and it is something I will never understand. But I like that... because I cling onto my faith, and the hope I have in Him so much more. I can't wait for the rest of this book, to dive deeper into scripture and learn more about this love that is so perfect. Actually I can't even put it down, I'm not sure how I forgot about this one. 

To end, I apologize for the scattered arrangement of this post, my thoughts tend to be all over the place. 

Go read Crazy Love. And Love learning more Everyday. 

No comments: