Monday, February 22, 2010

Here it is...

I haven't blogged in a while. Part of me craves this blog but the other part turns away from it and ignores its very existence. I blame this on genetics. You see, I have this fear - a fear of being too vulnerable and allowing the world to perform open heart surgery on my life. Why would I subject myself to that? Fair enough, that isn't exactly what a blog is doing, I have the freedom to share as much or as little as I choose. But where do you draw the line?
I want my blog to be entertaining, something that people read and are left thinking about days after, but at the same time I want it to be personal and funny. I want you to get to know a little piece of Sarah West. Mind you, I only have about three people reading this, and one is my mother (loveyou). The point being, these people reading already know me, so why am I so afraid of expressing everything that is going through my head into this little box of size 12 times new roman font and onto the world wide web?
Well folks, I don't have the answer for you, and I probably won't have it for a while. What I do know, is that I'm trying. I want to be more real with the people around me. I don't want to be a societal zombie who cheek kisses and waves "hello dahhhhhling". Barf.
So here is my LIST of things I plan on doing to prevent this from happening:
1. Have at least one genuine conversation each week
2. Reconnect with old friends. This time, I want to stay connected.
3. Buy a friend coffee.
4. Share some of my past.
5. Be an encouragement of Christ's love in my life to others.

That's all I can think of for now. But I plan on sticking to this, for a while at least, or until I make another list. What can I say, lists move as quickly as my life does.



Don't let the world pass you by. Experience it. Live it. Love Everyday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have one other follower as well. And he loves you too!
Love Dad xoxoxoxoxoxo

P.S. You make a dad very proud as well!!