Saturday, March 6, 2010

One Word: Exhaustion

I've been trying to be a bit more consistent with my blogging... // Seriously.

But with essays and midterms and more essays, life gets a bit chaotic.

^^
Funny how I wrote that two days ago, and ended up getting so distracted that I never managed to post it. But wasn't the point of writing this post in the first place about trying to stay focused and consistent? Oh my life. Well - I'm here now. With nothing to distract me, except my 2000 paged beautiful art history text book, and a pile of hand written notes. Call me a multi-tasker, call me the child of a parent with ADD, eventually it all gets done.

Today - God took me for a whirlwind. I know that for this summer He has called me to go to the mission field - yet there was no specific location placed on my heart. With talking to Adventures in Missions, and thankfully making my way through the interview process - I was accepted to come on as a leader for their ambassador (high-school) trip. Um, hello! I was ecstatic! Even more so when I found out I was going to Australia! Yes, Thank you Jesus! But then - today the trip was cancelled, and I've been given a list of new possible destinations to travel to - Uganda, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Romania. And then - a tug. Yes, folks. The Lord tugged on my heart - Romania. I thought about it again. Really though? Legit? Let me tell you why I'm so concerned... two words: Sports Ministry. Don't get me wrong - I love to have a good time, and competition is what I live for. But I take after my mother in the way that sports have never really been something I've been good at.... so where does that leave me?
Well - confused for one thing. Eager to wait on God and listen to His decision and the location He wants me to serve at this summer, and just nervous.


That's where I'm at. Amongst the business of life - God still has time to push it all aside and shake up my world. Reminding me that there is so much more to this life then just essays and exams. There is a bigger purpose - a bigger calling.

So - I've been called. and I'm waiting for answers. Listening to my heart, and not second-guessing anything.

Wherever I go -- You better believe it -- I'm going to Love Everyday.


1 comment:

Catherine West said...

Hey!! Hahaha. Okay, so what about tennis? That is a sport!!