Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Respect the Cause; Honour the Mission; Love the Father


This is my reality. My summer. I've been accepted! I don't think I could be more excited... Okay I probably could - but right now, the excitement is overflowing.
Here's a sneak peak into my support letter...

It is my goal to live in obedience to Him in all that I do, and so, this summer I want to continue following this plan. I have been blessed with the opportunity to travel to Australia with Adventures in Missions, on an ambassador trip, which includes youth from the ages of 14-17. This time, rather than being a student on the trip, I have been asked to be one out of three leaders. Whilst there we will spend time partnering with a local ministry to help them continue the work they have already begun. We will also be working with the homeless, carrying out youth outreaches, and ministering to the children. During this time I will not only be able to actively share my faith and build relationships, I will also be given the opportunity to share my life with the youth traveling with us on this trip, and love them as Christ loves me. I am excited to see how the Lord will use me in the lives of these young people, as well as those we come in contact to in Australia.

In order to make a trip such as this possible, it is vital that I develop a strong prayer and financial support network. The total cost of this trip is $3000, and I will need to have at least half of the funds by April 8th 2010. So, I ask you to prayerfully consider becoming part of my support team, either through prayer or financial support, by contributing whatever God lays on your heart to give.
If you are unable to give financially, I would encourage you to sign on as a part of the prayer support team. Pray earnestly for myself as well as the rest of the team, from now on as we begin support raising, until completion, which is July 31st. Whether we are being sent to the mission field by Christ, or called to send and support, each persons role is just as important. I put full faith in God and His power to provide for all of our needs.

The Lord has called me, and I have responded. He has given me a heart for youth and a desire to see them grow closer to Him. He has opened my eyes to the broken and lost, and strengthened me with compassion to love. I can’t express how thankful I am for all of you, who have simply taken the time to read this, or have joined me in prayer in the past. Your love and encouragement means so much.

“Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us.”
Ephesians 3:20

Love Your Support. Love Everyday.

No comments: